Small Business Administration (SBA) Appeals to the Agency Head
When notified by the SBA that it has filed an appeal with the Agency Head, either for a small business set-aside or the 8(a) program, the contracting officer must prepare an appeal file. The file must contain a statement by the contracting officer, which sets forth the decision rationale and addresses the appeal issues on a point-by-point basis. The appeal file must include the following:
1. The contracting officer s rationale for not considering known small business sources, small businesses identified through synopsis, and sources recommended by the Small Business Specialist and SBA;
2. Discuss results of market research or attach a market research report.
3. Include comments and/or concurrence from the Small Business Specialist;
4. The completed DD Form 2579 and SBA Form 70 and any related correspondence;
5. The procurement history;
6. A copy of the solicitation s evaluation and award factors.