|812.102-70||Applicability of Veterans preferences.|
|812.301||Solicitation provisions and contract clauses for the acquisition of commercial items.|
|812.302||Tailoring of provisions and clauses for the acquisition of commercial items.|
AUTHORITY: 40 U.S.C. 121(c); 41 U.S.C. 1121(c)(3); 41 U.S.C. 1702; and 48 CFR 1.301-1.304.
(a) This part shall be used for the acquisition of supplies and services that meet the definition of commercial items at FAR 2.101.
(b) Contracting officers shall use the policies in this part in conjunction with the policies and procedures for the solicitation, evaluation, and award prescribed in Parts 813, Simplified Acquisition Procedures, 814, Sealed Bidding, and 815, Contracting by Negotiation, as appropriate for the particular acquisition.
(c) Contracts for the acquisition of commercial items are subject to the policies of other parts of this chapter. When a policy in another part of this chapter differs from a policy in this part, this Part 812 applies to the acquisition of commercial items.
[Deviation per Class Deviation–Veterans First Contracting Program (VFCP 2016), dated July 25, 2016, clarifies that when a policy in VAAR part 819 differs from a policy in VAAR part 812, the policies in VAAR subpart 819.70 will apply. This deviation is effective until incorporated in the VAAR or the VAAM or is otherwise rescinded.]
Based on the authority under 38 U.S.C. 8127 and 8128, the Veterans First Contracting Program in subpart 819.70 applies to VA contracts under this part. When a policy in FAR part 12 or VAAR part 812 is inconsistent with a policy in subpart 819.70, the policy in subpart 819.70 takes precedence.
(b) Contracting officers may use the provisions and clauses in the following VAAR sections, as appropriate and in accordance with the prescriptions for the provisions and clauses, in requests for quotations, solicitations, and contracts:
(1) 852.203-70, Commercial advertising.
(3) 852.207-70, Report of employment under commercial activities.
(4) 852.209-70, Organizational conflicts of interest.
(6) 852.211-72, Technical industry standards.
(10) 852.214-71, Restrictions on alternate item(s).
(11) 852.214-72, Alternate item(s).
(12) 852.214-73, Alternate packaging and packing.
(13) 852.214-74, Marking of Bid samples.
(15) 852.228-71, Indemnification and insurance.
(17) 852.233-70, Protest content/alternative dispute resolution.
(18) 852.233-71, Alternate protest procedure.
(20) 852.237-70, Contractor responsibilities.
(22) 852.246-71, Inspection.
(23) 852.246-72, Frozen processed foods.
(24) 852.252-70, Solicitation provisions or clauses incorporated by reference.
(25) 852.270-1, Representatives of contracting officers.
(28) 852.271-72, Time spent by counselee in counseling process.
(29) 852.271-73, Use and publication of counseling results.
(30) 852.271-74, Inspection.
(31) 852.271-75, Extension of contract period.
(c) When appropriate in accordance with the prescriptions for the clauses, the contracting officer may use the clauses in the following VAAR sections in requests for quotations, solicitations, and contracts for the acquisition of commercial items if the contracting officer determines that the use is consistent with customary commercial practices:
(1) 852.211-70, Service data manuals.
(d) All requests for quotations, solicitations, and contracts for commercial item services to be provided to beneficiaries must include the clause at 852.271-70, Nondiscrimination in services provided to beneficiaries.
(e) Micro-purchases that use the procedures of this part in conjunction with part 813 do not require clauses unless the contracting officer determines that the use of clauses serves the Government’s best interest.
(f) When soliciting for health care resources that are commercial services or the use of medical equipment or space under the authority of part 873 and 38 U.S.C. 8151-8153, the provisions and clauses in the following VAAR sections may be used in accordance with the prescriptions contained therein or elsewhere in the VAAR:
(1) 852.273-70, Late offers.
(2) 852.273-71, Alternative negotiation techniques.
(3) 852.273-72, Alternative evaluation.
(4) 852.273-73, Evaluation - health-care resources.
(5) 852.273-74, Award without exchanges.
(38 U.S.C. 8151-8153)
(a) Contracting officers may tailor solicitations to be inconsistent with customary commercial practice if they prepare and obtain approval of a waiver under paragraph (c) of this section.