3419.201 General policy.
3419.201-70 Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization (OSDBU) .
Subpart 3419.5—Set-Asides for Small Business
3419.502 Setting aside acquisitions.
3419.502-4 Methods of conducting set-asides.
Authority: 5 U.S.C. 301 and 20 U.S.C. 1018a.
Source: 76 FR 12796, Mar. 8, 2011, unless otherwise noted.
The Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization (OSDBU), Office of the Deputy Secretary, is responsible for facilitating the implementation of the Small Business Act, as described in FAR 19.201. The OSDBU develops rules, policy, procedures, and guidelines for the effective administration of ED's small business program.
(a) Simplified acquisition procedures as described in FAR Part 13 for the procurement of noncommercial services for FSA requirements may be used under the following circumstances:
(1) The procurement does not exceed $1,000,000;
(2) The procurement is conducted as a small business set-aside pursuant to section 15(a) of the Small Business Act;
(3) The price charged for supplies associated with the services are expected to be less than 20 percent of the total contract price;
(4) The procurement is competitive; and
(5) The procurement is not for construction.